Tenancy Information – After Hours Urgent Repairs Procedure
Our business hours are from 8.30am to 5.30pm week days and 9am to 1pm Saturday. This information is designed to assist you if you have an afterhours emergency. By following this procedure we can assist in ensuring all reasonable steps are taken to ensure we reduce any undue inconvenience on your part and also reduce unnecessary damage to the property.
What constitutes an urgent repair?
An urgent repair is any work needed to fix:
- A burst water service
- A blocked or broken lavatory system
- A serious roof leak
- A gas leak
- A dangerous electrical fault
- Flooding or serious flood damage
- Serious storm or fire damage
- A failure or breakdown of any essential service on the premises for hot water, cooking, heating and laundering.
- A failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply to the premises.
- Any fault or damage that causes the premises to be unsafe or not secure.
We offer the following tips and information for your convenience:
- Be mindful where the main water metre is at the property and turn it off if necessary.
- Be familiar where the main power board is at the property as well as the sub power board.
- Only phone for help if the problem cannot wait until the next available business day.
- When phoning the appropriate tradesperson always leave a message stating its “urgent”.
- If the oven is not heating – check if there is an auto / manual switch if the switch is on auto it may time out. Always read the instructions if manuals are provided.
- Always advise our office in writing at the earliest possible opportunity.
- If you lock yourself out of your property after hours you will be required to phone a locksmith
CONTACT NUMBERS IF YOU REQUIRE URGENT ASSISTANCE
Please note there will be an afterhours call out fee to the property owner in assigning to a contractor. Please be aware if damage has occurred as a result of negligence or a faulty appliance you may be liable for the fee.
Beyond Australian Appliance Services
0412 603 872